Thursday, May 19, 2011

Wonderful white...


Today at the new house I'm painting things white. This tends to horrify people as the majority of what I'm covering in white is high quality cedar. Anyone out there who has painted woodwork knows what I'm talking about...people look at you like you're nuts. You want to paint wood?! Yes!!

What I find really amusing about this reaction is that most people assume this must mean I don't like wood. Wrong! I love wood....I love it so much that I choose to cover some woods so that other ones can shine. White is the perfect backdrop...it makes color pop and it makes wood furniture spring to new life. It also makes everything look brighter and more expansive.

So I'm off to paint more more cedar window boxes white (and make the windows look twice as big)...here is some wonderful white for your own inspiration...







Now go forth and paint things white!

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these spaces. So crisp and fresh... xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love painting furniture and spaces white. It makes everything else pop in the room and highlights the fine details. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed them Jo! Katherine, you're so right...white allows the beauty in everything else to shine out. Thanks so much for stopping by!

    The French Mouse

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from my readers! I try to answer all comments, either here or at your own blog.