Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Exciting things are coming...

We are under construction...

This is a neglected little blog so far. It is mostly due to the fact that it has had several different incarnations and purposes in its short existence. It started out life as a partner to the little antiques shop my husband and I opened out of our home. But we had hardly had our first sale before our lives changed dramatically. We fell in love with a place in the country which just happens to be right next door to Mr Mouse's brother and his family. So in a few short months we will be moving to 90 acres in one of the most beautiful settings I've ever seen. The sudden over abundance of space opens up a world of possibilities, and I am planning to enthusiastically explore all of them!

So in the months to come I hope you will join me as I embark on completely making over a rustic rural home, flexing my photography muscles, and generally embracing the country lifestyle...with a French Mouse twist of course!

For now, here are some mood boards I've been working on while planning the color schemes for the house...


I'm so excited about these upcoming changes...I hope you'll all come along for the adventure with me!

10 comments:

  1. Your moodboards look great, I love the rustic, pale colors you seem to be thinking about and would be happy to follow your home ideas and transformations:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christel! I love your moodboards too...you have great style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment on my post today!

    Lovely to find your blog and see this inspiring moodboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the moodboards looks wonderful!

    http://design-elements-blog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to follow you on your adventures... So so exciting... The moodboards ensure we are all in for a treat

    Amanda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will, Maria and Amanda, thanks so much for stopping by...I'm so glad you enjoy the moodboards! I have a lot of fun putting them together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh to be young again...and starting over! Good luck on your new adventure...and I love the idea of the charcoal trim....k
    p.s.....thanks for stopping by my place because now I have yours...following you now..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much Kathy! I was so happy to find your lovely blog..I'm always on the hunt for new treasure troves of inspiration images! I'm so glad you'll be joining me for my adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, 90 acres, you can have your own little versailles gardens!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope so Candy...I have so many little schemes for that place I just hope I manage to make even a fraction of them a reality!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment...I love hearing from my readers! I try to answer all comments, either here or at your own blog.